Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

What a Mess I Am Today!

My mind is going a mile per minute and I just can't seem to get organized! I haven't been able to get on the computer much this morning either and can't get my thoughts together to write much...I'm sure you all can figure out why!

Shelby slept until about 9:00 am then was hungry so I made her a good breakfast. She laid around just a little bit then got showered and ready to go...looked through the closet to find something from her friend Morgan to wear that said Shelby or Goble on it and had to make herself a CD to get her pumped and with some money in hand, she was out the door! Of course, not before her Dad talked to her about a few little things....

I want to thank everyone for posting comments on the blog for the girls. There are about three pages of them so that will be nice for the girls to hear before the game. I have a feeling there will be alot of people there tonight, and Shelby has many family and friends coming so that will be fun. It's hard to visit with anyone though because we get so into the game we can't focus on anything but the game....I go down onto the floor so I can get better pictures and am already worried about being in just the right spot to get the best pictures tonight. I want to get the crowd, the players, the coaches...well, just everything. If it's a close game it will be hard for me to focus on taking pictures, but I will do my best! I want to capture it all....

Soooo...I will be back on very late tonight to post the outcome of the Section 7A Championship game....my prediction tonight? Bigfork over Floodwood by 10+ (have to put that + in there to be safe ya know!)

This is what someone wrote on a forum about the Lady Huskies and tonight's game:

"My prediction for tomorrow is that Bigfork will play their best game in the last couple of weeks and really dominate from start to finish. They have survived the last two games but haven't really played their best ball. Now as they come around that final turn with the finish line in clear sight, they will kick it into another gear and finish the race strong. That is what champions do.

Floodwood has certainly earned my respect, but I think I have been clear from my first post in this forum that Bigfork is the team that should and will represent Section 7A in the state tourney."

Makes me just want to bawl.....they couldn't have said it any better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

7 years ago almost to the day at a Lady Huskies playoff game, an amazing lady asked (well, begged,) me if I would coach a group of little girls in a basketball tourney coming up in Nashwauk; I wasn't too sure about it, but I said I would try. Well, we took 1st place, and that was the start. That same lady made sure our little team was entered in every tourney possible for the next 3 years. She worked so hard to keep the team together and playing ball, from traveling all around the state, making sure we had rooms and rides and food, to paying tournament entry fees out of her own pocket, to finding camps and making a summer of AAU ball happen AND, she's captured it all on film! Thank you almost doesn't cover it, Julie. Then on to Coach Prato, who has sacrificed and done so much for these young ladies it's crazy; from being a wonderful coach and a great friend, to writing the most perfect inspirational letters to the team. Thank you, Siri. Then, to Coach Powell...look what he has done with this team 3 years running. He's a wonderful, caring coach that will do absolutely anything for the Lady Huskies. It's no wonder he's Coach of the Year!
Now. About those little Huskies. You have played so hard for so many years with such determination that all you have to do is just go out there and do what you have always done for the past 7 years...Work hard, have fun and laugh, frustrate your opponent, and remain calm. YOU CAN DO THIS. Thanks for letting me be part of your team, and THANK YOU Julie for getting me to be part of this amazing 7 year ride...Love, Coach Rob