Search This Blog

Monday, March 02, 2009

March Madness Equals Goble Madness

I just realized today is March 2nd! I hadn't flipped my calendar page and just now figured that there were only 29 days in February...where have I been? It's called basketball season, and it makes me very forgetful because it seems that is ALL I have on my mind this time of year! It is so weird and some of you that have or had children in basketball will understand, especially those that have had successful teams and a chance to get to the Big Dance or STATE!

It just seems to consume your day...for example, yesterday I went over to my mother-in-laws so she could watch the "big" game from last week, Bigfork v Mountain Iron-Buhl. She wasn't able to make it to the game and was just sick she had to work and missed it. I've had someone taping the last few games, and will until the end of the season, so it was nice that I could take it over so we could watch it together. Of course, I wanted to watch it again too!

Before that I had called Coach Powell to find out what he wanted to do about team dinners during tournament time and volunteered myself and Shelby's Grandma Max for this Thursday before they leave for their first tournament game in Greenway. Max makes the best homemade Chicken Noodles and it is one of Shelby's favorites so we thought it would be fun to have her Grandma make her favorite dish.....so we had to make a list of what I needed to get for the team dinner and plan out when we are making the pies (her apple pies are the best too!) and the chicken and noodles as it will be a two day event! haha

So we will make the pies and boil the chicken Wednesday before she heads to work, then I'll take home the chicken to debone it for Thursday. Home to make homemade overnight yeast buns and then back to her house Thursday at noon to make the homemade noodles to add to the chicken and broth. Sound good yet? It is super delicious and her signature dish....Coach Powell is going to be in heaven with homemade chicken noodles and apple pie!

Then Danny went in with Shelby to open gym to work on shooting and take the tapes for Coach to look through in case we play one or two of the teams in the tournaments....and while they were gone I found women's college game and had that on...Penn State v Ohio State.

Then home and a call from Jim who is the one organizing the DAYBA Border Battle All Star game...he needed info on Shelby for her jersey and the program...then on the computer to put a few things on the blog...see? How ridiculous is that? But I enjoy it and I will miss it next year....

Today I have to run into Bigfork to finish taking pictures of the "little" girls in the Saturday basketball program and then buy the things I need for the team dinner....I could ramble on but better get off here and get something else done too!

No comments: