Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Cute Story About a Little Lady Huskie Fan

I received an email the other day from a grandmother that her granddaughter, who is in 5th grade, had gone to her Youth Group bowling activity in Grand Rapids last Sunday. Well, it is the same Youth Group (Lord's Army Youth Group) that Shelby goes to and a few of the other Lady Huskies have also been to in the past....

So her grandmother emails her and asks her how bowling went and if she had fun...these are the responses: (sounds better if you actually read them yourself)

How was bowling? Did you see the Bigfork bb team there?

bowling was awesome!! But guess what!!!!!!

WHAT?

Shelbey from the team was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Number #3, no way!

{Hahahahahah}YA!!!

Well, I have to say you have a way cool youth group , if Shelby Goble is in it.
How fun!! :)

ya i didn't get to talk to her and Megan Powell is in it to i think my mom told me but she wasn't there


Of course I emailed back and forth with the grandmother and mother and they said that she was so "star struck" to see Shelby that she was too scared to go talk to her...I told her next time she will have to because Shelby loves kids.

Told Shelby about it and she emailed her right away and of course the little girl emailed her right back and was excited...said she was too shy to talk to her. I took a picture of each starter and a funny team picture to the school and had them all sign the back of their pictures and mailed them to her today...I'm sure she will be surprised and excited when she opens that letter!

Just a cute story that I wanted to share with everyone. It is just amazing how these girls and team have affected so many people! I'm sure that's the story for every team from small towns that get to the State tournament...lots of little girls that want to be just like them.

The girls also got flowers and a note from the local bank at the pep fest before the Section Championship game that said "this is from all of those little girls out there that say to their dad's, "I want to be just like her when I grow up...." makes you want to cry...

No comments: