Search This Blog

Monday, March 09, 2009

Darn Weather!

The weather predictions (warnings) do not look good for tomorrow but we still haven't gotten a call saying school has been closed so we'll see what happens. The school has an automated call system for cancellations, etc. so I'm expecting one around 6:30 in the morning....

Shelby said that the coaches mentioned that if school is canceled the games will be moved to Thursday and Saturday, which is okay with me I guess. I just want them to play in the Hibbing Memorial Arena as the girls play well there. I'm sure some boys' games will have to be moved somewhere else as they have games scheduled there.

Our Bigfork boys had their first tournament game today at Hibbing Memorial and lost to Cook by 2 points...I listened to the last part of the game on the radio and it was a thriller. I wish I could have been there and I feel just awful for the boys. They have not had a very good season but have kept their heads up and played hard all year long. The four seniors should be very proud...Bubba Jacobson, Andrew Francisco, Allen Fransciso and Justin Mann. They are all great young men who have stayed together through a tough year and showed us just what dignity is within a losing season. They will all be successful in life! They have also been wonderful in supporting the girls this year....

They have plenty of good athletes coming up and I predict they are going to have some very successful years in the future. I just might have to follow them along....

No comments: