Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rubbing Shoulders with the Big Time






Shelby, Jenna and Nicolle all attended the Elite Guard Camp at the University of Minnesota the summer before Shelby entered 8th grade. The summer just after Whalen graduated. Coach Borten ran the camp and the whole team was there, Janelle McCarville, Kelly Roysland, Shannon Boler and Shannon Schonrock...they were able to take pictures with each girl and I have them all somewhere....you have no idea how many pictures I have! I'm sure you all are getting the idea..

Anyway, I would have taken another one because Shelby's eyes were closed but was too chicken to ask her to retake the picture! I found some more so I'm adding the one of the three girls with McCarville, the one of Shelby and Kelly Roysland and one of Shelby that I really liked on the court at Williams Arena and then one of McCarville messing around on the court at Williams.

Another interesting tidbit...we took the girls to the 7A Section Championship game when they were smaller and it was Barnum against Fosston (don't know how they were in the same section) but anyway, Kelly Roysland was a senior for Fosston and Justine Axtell was a senior for Barnum so it was a good game with Fosston winning. After the game, the girls went down and got their t-shirts and programs signed by both girls...how cute is that?

No comments: