Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still Working on Pictures....And a Few Plans

I had some other pictures I had to proof and order before I can work on the State pictures and have also had to go to town a couple of days. I will hopefully get the first game done and up by tonight. I have to go to the school this afternoon and take a picture of the team with their 4th place trophy to put into the actual trophy...

FYI: For the local Bigfork parents, families and all other interested parties...once I have finished proofing the pictures I have a few ideas that I will be working on. First, I will have 8x10 pictures of the team with their Section 7A trophy (immediately after their win) for sale in the office hopefully next week for $10 each. I am thinking of doing a Story Board and will have one as a sample if anyone would like to order one of those. I will do one with Shelby in mind, but I can put your athlete in the action shot of course instead! You can look through the pictures once they are up on the gallery and choose which pictures you want on the board. This will take a couple of weeks to get done and ordered. These will be $60. I might also work on an 11x14 collage of pictures, that will be on a hard back for setting on an easel, and would be $40. I will post them on the site and take orders.

I am also going to be preparing a DVD slideshow of the girls starting from the very beginning of their journey when they were just little and in Saturday Ball to the State Tournament. This will take me over a month to do and I have talked with Mr. Patrow and we will be showing the slideshow at the Edge Center in early May sometime. I will post the information as soon as I know the date and time. I'm sure it will be over an hour long. I had thought about doing it after the Sports Banquet but we don't want to take away from all of the other sports from the year to just focus on the girls. So we will do it on a separate evening and maybe have refreshments in the Commons and then move to the Edge Center for the showing of the slideshow.

I have thought about doing this slideshow for years in the hopes that they would end up at the State Tournament and since they did....I will work on one. I'm not doing it for sales, but Mr. Patrow said I should have some available for sale, so I will. If you know that you want one, please let me know ahead of time so when I start burning them (they will take forever), I can have enough prepared for that night. They will probably be $25 as they will have a TON of pictures and a lot of hard work in them as I will have to scan all of the older pictures...

Please email me if you already know that you will want one and I will put your name on the list.

jgoble@paulbunyan.net

If you have any questions or suggestions (for songs that would work with the slideshow) PLEASE let me know....Thank You!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

julie,
if you need any help with this, let me know! i have enjoyed watching these girls grow into mature young ladies and would love to help in any way that i can. i would love a copy of this slide show for myself and one for andi, unless doreen has already ordered one. did doreen talk to you yet about the huskie cafe wanting a page made up of the girls for their menu? the page should be 8 1/2 by 14 inches. this is a wonderful way to preserve a little peice of history for everyone to see! now, anyone who visits the huskie cafe will see what these ladies have accomplished! what a cool way for shelby to end her high school career! and for the girls to end their amazing run together!! it has been a lot of hard work and dedication from the girls, as well as the parents... but well worth it in the end! i see myself starting down the same path with my kids and i can only hope my daughter and her teammates make as many wonderful memories as these girls have! if they do, it will all be worth it in the end!! Congratulations Lady Huskies on a wonderful season and a well deserved spot in Bigfork Huskies history!! GO HUSKIES! GO HUSKIES! GO HUSKIES! GO!! :)

Anonymous said...

also, the song that comes to mind when i think of the girls and all they have done over the past several years is the song "when i grow up.... i wanna be famous...etc" because the girls have always had that desire to make history! and they did! and they will forever be household names in bigfork...... what can we say.... we are a basketball town and the girls did something amazing for the basketball program here in bigfork! i heard emma's traveling team coach telling the little girls at practice last night, "remember where we were this last weekend! and remember how those girls got there! they wanted it and they fought for it! they started just like you girls, at tournaments and summer camps! and now look what they did!" it was an inspiration to the girls to think of andi, shelby, lise, megan, robin, ashley, brittney, heather and resa all as little bitty girls doing this exact same thing! they can envision it for themselves because these girls made it seem possible! they know if they fight hard enough and long enough they can do it! they know this because they have seen it first hand from the varsity girls! so i think of the song, "when i grow up" for that reason.... for the little ones who say, "when i grow up, i wanna be just like...."

doreen said...

Let me know if you need any help with any of it. I will get things rolling for the refreshments & food after the slide show. You work on that & let me handle the food preparations, The pictures you do are fantastic. Will have to check it out. Good job, Jules. Your a great mom,friend & partner in crime. You hold alot of memories that will never be forgotten. Thanks for all you do lady. You will never be out of our thoughts. Love yah.