Search This Blog

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Second All Star Game Invite for Shelby

I guess it is time for All Star invites to go to seniors as Shelby received one at the school on Friday from DAYBA, which is the Duluth Area Youth Basketball Association. They have started a new All Star game and it will be the First Annual Northern Minnesota vs. Northern Wisconsin "Border Battle" and will be held at the new gym on the University of Wisconsin- Superior campus, April 4th at 1:00 pm. There will be a boys game to follow at 3:00.

There is no fee which is excellent and they get a memento jersey and shorts for the players to keep. I heard that a few of the girls that have been invited are Amber Dvorak (6'7" gopher recruit) from Hinckley, Roz Chromy of Esko, Andrea Gould from Wrenshall, Sam Stanfield of Crosby-Ironton, Brynn Joki of Grand Rapids, Marissa Yernatich of Duluth East, Hilary Peterson from Moose Lake-Willow River, a girl from Cloquet and another from Hinckley and our little Shelby Goble all the way from the small town of Bigfork, MN!

There may be a few others and if some can't play that date I'm sure they will invite a few others. That will be a fun and exciting day! Shelby played with the AAU team Northern Lights out of the Duluth area as did four of the other invitees, so I'm sure that helped in getting her invited. It is amazing what AAU ball has done for Shelby, just by people seeing her play all over the state for many years. She has met and made so many friends from so many different schools that we can't hardly go somewhere that she doesn't see someone she knows or has played with or against and even coaches from different schools. I don't know how many times she is asked "how do you know people EVERY where you go?"....they just shake their heads!

It may have been lots of running all over the state, gas, food, hotels, so many different schools and wasn't cheap that is for sure, but it WAS SO MUCH FUN and an experience she and I will remember for a long time. One day I should try and figure out just how many different schools she has actually played ball in...that would be interesting and probably scary! She's played in four states that I can think of, Minnesota, North Dakota, Illinois and Wisconsin.

I will have to sit down and figure that out today and get back to the blog on that one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other girl from Hinckley is Lisa Lymburner

Anonymous said...

I observed your site on del.icio.us this morning and incredibly liked it. I bookmarked your blog and will definitely be back soon to read your new posts!

Anonymous said...

I found your website on del.icio.us this morning and very liked it. I bookmarked your blog and will genuinely be back soon to read your new posts!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is a cool blog, this is my first time commenting since I always just read. You should keep up the good work, I think you will be making tons of money soon off of this blog if you aren't already!

Cheers
-Julie

Anonymous said...

I like your site theme can you tell me the name of it or where you downloaded it? cheers.

Anonymous said...

Your site is fairly slow to load when using IE.