Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Coach Powell Is Honored ~ Coach of the Year, Section 7A



The girls were informed today that their Coach, Greg Powell, was selected as the Coach of the Year for Section 7A!!! This is a pretty big honor and we are very proud of Coach Powell and the hard work and dedication that he has put into the girls' basketball program at Bigfork. He has had three back to back good years with great records: 2006-2007 (27-3), 2007-2008 (26-3) and so far this year 2008-2009 (19-2). That is only 8 losses in three years!!!

He is very humble about it and said the reason he got the award was because of the girls...we all know that is not the only reason. I'm not exactly sure how many years he has been the head coach, but I think it is 15 or 16 years...I should have asked to make sure!
Here is a picture of Greg with Shelby last year during the Chisholm game when she was having a tough night and a picture from last night's game against Nashwauk. I have pictures of Greg with other girls but it is late and it would take me a while to sort through all of those files...I might go through them another day and add a few when I have more time.
Congratulations Coach Powell!

No comments: