Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Searching Through Old Pictures Again


I am going through the girls' basketball pictures from a few years ago and I took this picture during the 2007 Section 7A Tournament in Hibbing. I cropped it to cut out some junk and then converted it to a vintage action that I use alot. I LOVE the way it came out! Just thought I would share a cool picture....at least I think it is! How appropriate that the 2009 tournament will be held there this year on March 12, 2009 and coincidently that on March 12, 1988, the Bigfork boys' basketball team won the 7A Section Championship at Hibbing Memorial Arena and made it to the State Tournament for their very first appearance. They qualified again in 96' or 98'...I will have to double check on that one. Both teams were coached by Jerry Chiabotti who was my husband's teacher and basketball coach when he was in high school, and Shelby's 6th grade teacher and one of her favorite teachers at her time at BHS. Bigfork High School now houses the Jerry Chiabotti Gymnasium.....

The girls have the chance to make school history by being the first girls' basketball team to make a State appearance in any girls' team sport at Bigfork. That would be an awesome coincidence and quite the story....

They still have work to do to get there and are by no means taking this season lightly as they do not want to end up Runner-Up in Section 7A for the third time in a row....they have the whole community behind them and we are very proud of them!!

Everyone come out and support the Bigfork Lady Huskies as they play their last three regular season games and get ready for tournaments!!!


No comments: