Search This Blog

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Huskies Travel to Greenway Tonight

The girls will play at Greenway tonight for their 18th game of the season. I believe they may have only won one game this season so far, BUT they are a much improved team over the past two years. They have a new coach in his third year and he has put alot of time into these girls over the summer and I remember that they even beat Grand Rapids by one point at summer league! I looked at their team site on Minnesota Scores and it says 1-12 but there are three games that are not reported and I do not know how those games turned out.

And I love their scoreboard as it shows each player on the court individually and their scoring. As players sub, so does the scoreboard. Usually just the bigger schools have those like Grand Rapids and at tournament time. I'll take a picture!

By looking at the scores from the posted games, you can see that their scores are much closer this year than past which shows their improvement. I remember a few years ago when they dominated everyone so they've had their good seasons and I'm sure will again....but TONIGHT will be all Lady Huskie domain and I can imagine that lots of girls will be flying off the bench and getting some varsity minutes.

Shelby had her career high game there last year during the first tournament game and our first tournament game of this season will be played there again come March.

Good luck tonight girls! Looks like we are in for some warmer weather the next four days so enjoy.... :)

No comments: