Search This Blog

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wow

I was at the 8th Grade Boys annual basketball tournament in Bigfork today as the girls' basketball runs the concessions and found out some interesting information. I had mentioned earlier about the Lady Mustangs leaving some "classy" writings on the blackboard in the boys' locker room after the game on January 12th. Someone that works at the school that reported the incident, said they couldn't have fit another word on the blackboard and that what they had written on the blackboard was very bad and too embarrassing for him to even repeat. There was so much written on the blackboard that the coach had to write his plays on the mirror....wow.

This really upsets me and it seems apparent that the coach must have known of the situation and did nothing about it. This says alot about their program to me and is just plain disgusting.

I hope that once it was reported to their Athletic Director that some type of disciplinary action was taken and that the parents were also made aware of the situation. I doubt it, but it would be the right thing to do in this situation. As a parent and a coach, I would be fuming that any member of my team would stoop to that level and they would definately be reprimanded. And as a parent, if my child/athlete were involved in ANY way and nothing was done, I would be upset that they were allowed to do it and served no punishment. There is no excuse for that type of behavior, period.

I hope the parents of our girls will send an email or a letter to the Athletic Director of Northome High School and voice their concern with regard to this matter.

And I hope next year the starters get to play the WHOLE game and see just what the outcome would have been or will be!

No comments: