Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baffled

I usually check the scores at night on WDIO or Minnesota Scores to see how the other teams in the Section are doing....well, tonight I see that Ely beat Cook County 52-47! I guess I'm a little shocked because Cook County defeated MIB last week and then defeated Floodwood last night by 4 points. Cook Co. and Floodwood are the top two teams in the other half of Section 7.

So what does this mean? Did Cook County just have an off night against Ely? Did MIB have an off night against Cook County? We do not play Cook County or Floodwood until tournament time so all we can do is watch how their seasons play out but Cook County defeating MIB was a surprise and now Ely beating Cook County is a really BIG surprise! Bigfork beat Ely by 34 points in the Hibbing tournament and that was with the starters only playing the first part of the second half!

MIB beat Orr last Thursday by the same margin as we did tonight, 41 points. I don't know how long MIB's starters get to play, but Charlotte Overbye had 43 of their 90 points, so I'm going to assume she played most of the game....the two seniors had 12 and 10.

In my point of view, things are getting quite interesting....

No comments: