Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Taking Care of the Knights, 71-54









I only got home about an hour ago and thought I would at least post the score from tonight's game....I told you it was a loooooong drive! It's 15 below here in Dora Lake and when we left Babbitt it was 20 below.

We had refs again that called ticky-tack fouls and Lise picked up two right away and sat the bench pretty much the whole first half. She has a terrible earache that she just started taking drops for today, so she probably shouldn't even been playing as she was in really bad pain. And of course that can throw of your equilibrium (sp?). She was a trooper though and played through the pain.

Megan had a great game tonight and ended up with 19, Adrianna 14, Shelby 12, Theresa 10, Lise 8 and Carolyn 6. A very balanced night on offense but too many turnovers for my liking. Those Babbitt girls like to shoot the three and would shoot 2-4 feet from behind the 3 point line! It was crazy! The coach told the girls that before the game and boy, he wasn't kidding! My husband always says "you can live or die by the 3 point line" and it was certainly true with the Lady Knights. They all have beautiful, high arcing shots though. They are another team that has much improved from past years.

Of course I had to check the scores tonight when I got home and was shocked to see that MIB lost to Two Harbors, 44-39. Two Harbors record is 5-11 right now, or well 6-11 I guess. That is really going to hurt MIB's ranking and might pull them out of the Top Ten. The paper said they held Charlotte Overbye to 13 points and that she fouled out. Her sister McKenzie only had 1 point and the others all had 4 or less. That is a total surprise. When I saw the score I had to wipe my tired eyes and thought at first that their top shooter might have gotten hurt.

Link to album of game:
http://www.photostockplus.com/event.php?action=viewalbum&album_id=253439

No comments: