Search This Blog

Monday, January 05, 2009

Huskies Outlast the Gophers for Win #8










The Lady Huskies came out a little rusty from the holiday break and did not get in their rhythm until late in the game. They did pull out the win due to some good hustle at the end of the game. The Lady Gophers came out fired up and played a good game against the girls. Their JV team has some very good talent coming up that hustle and many are good shooters.

The game was actually closer than I expected and the girls finally pulled away the last 5 minutes with the final score being 55-41. The score at the half was 33-28, Bigfork. I'm sure the girls will have a few hard practices this week to get ready for Northland Remer on Thursday.

I see that Barnum only beat Floodwood tonight by 6 points! 55-49. They must have been a little rusty too! That score really surprised me....

A few photos from last night's game. Didn't get as many as I usually do for some reason got too many that were a tad blurry! I also wonder what they talk about in the captain/ref meeting before the game. Looks like they are having a good ole' time. Love the picture of the girls under the flag also. I think I cut someone off to the right, but couldn't get everyone with my zoom lens!

Link to game album:
http://www.photostockplus.com/event.php?action=viewalbum&album_id=248464

No comments: