Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Rollover on way into town


I dropped Shelby off this morning on my away into Grand Rapids to get a "deer guard" put on my Explorer. (I've hit approximately 6 deer in the 14 years that we have been here) I went up Hwy. 38, which is a beautiful, but a very curvy, drive. I came around a corner and I saw a small pickup upside down in the ditch and two people running towards the truck. I stopped to see if I could help but there was already another guy down in the ditch with the young lady. Miraculously, she survived without a scratch. I don't know how, but she did, plus she missed landing in a small pond by 100 feet. A friend of hers just happened to stop while I was there and took her in his arms to comfort her. There wasn't anything that I could do, so I left the scene. On my way into town I passed 9 emergency vehicles on the way to accident. I was just happy to see that she was okay. It really made me think about when Shelby gets her license though and driving up Hwy 38. I think I will make her go up Hwy 6, forever!

Lots of kids stayed for open gym again, which is a great thing! Yesterday I thought of a wonderful idea for a team picture of the basketball team this year. This is the team picture of the volleyball team....we took this picture at the beginning of the season before the rest of the girls were moved up to varsity.

I found just what I was looking for at Walmart today, so hopefully I can get the girls on board and get a picture taken with my "idea"...I'll post it when I get it done...here's the volleyball picture.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: