Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

The End of Blog Coming Soon...

I have decided that I will end this blog once Shelby has graduated on May 30th, 2009....It has been fun keeping up with her and the Lady Huskies over the past three years and since her time will be done at Bigfork High School, it is time to end this blog.

The purpose of this blog was to journal her high school basketball career, along with her teammates on the Lady Huskies basketball team. I tried to post any and all accomplishments regarding the team and the individual girls over the years, along with photos from the games that I attended. (My favorite part!)

Truthfully, the comment that was made about my daughter on an earlier post has brought me to this decision. I can't even tell you how many hours I have put into this blog and I hope it did bring some enjoyment to a few proud parents and family members....hopefully another parent or interested Lady Huskie fan can start another blog to keep up with the team next year as I think they will have another successful season.

I was originally going to keep it going through next year but will now end it and focus on life after Basketball in Bigfork....mine and Shelby's at ICC in the Fall. She registered for her college classes last Friday and it made me happy to see her so excited about starting college and making new friends. We had lunch with Coach Bauer and he mentioned me starting a new blog on the Lady Viking basketball team next year...so that is what I will pour my extra time in.

I will post info the next two weeks up to her graduation and then will stop posting....the blog will stay up so people can view the past few years, maybe. I might just delete the whole thing too....haven't quite decided on that yet, but will in the next two weeks.

Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day today!


3 comments:

melanie ivanovic` said...

Bummer! well, i guess it is kinda time for you to move on, with shelby starting college in the fall. maybe i will have my new computer by then and will be able to follow the girls more closely next year. maybe i'll try my hand at this! we'll see what summer brings! i would encourage you to leave the blog up for awhile, as i know many fans love it and are fascinated by all the pictures you post! i hope i can or someone else will take the time next year to do a nice blog for the girls. i'm sure they will deserve it as much next year as they did this year! they are a great group of girls with an amazing talent for basketball and a wonderful outlook on life!! (and i am in NO WAY biased about how fabulous these girls are!! LOL!!) what a bummer that personal feelings can ruin something so nice! thanks for the cool pics from this season and past ones! i wish you and shelby all the best next year! please consider leaving the blog up... if for nothing else, leave it up for fans/aunts just like me who get a kick outta looking at all the girls pics and stories!

jag said...

Thanks Mel for the nice comments...I think it would be great for you to start a blog sometime soon! It isn't hard to get started and I would be willing to help you get it up...it is very time consuming, but when you have a connection with the team and the girls, you will find the time! You have a young one coming up and many, many games ahead of you, so you better get started!

Christine said...

I know it's time to move on but I will definitely miss reading up on the girls from here. thanks for doing it for so long.