Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Hibbing Holiday Tournament Champions!!


The 2009-2010 Lady Huskies won the Hibbing Holiday Tournament for the first in their history of attending this tournament. I'm not sure how many years they have been going but at least 10 or more. I'd have to ask Coach Powell on that one. They easily defeated Eveleth-Gilbert the first day 68-43 with Adrianna hitting her 1,000 point in that game. She needed 10 and ended the night with 28. At the end of that game Annalise needed ONE point to hit her 1,000. She threw up a long 3 point shot at the buzzer and it hit glass, rim and then out...I was panicked because if it would have gone in I didn't have my camera ready for her shot! Good thing she missed...

The second game was against host team Hibbing and it was a very exciting one. Bigfork won that game 58-56 but it was close and intense. Annalise hit her 1,000 point of course and ended the night with 15 I think.

The Championship game was against 4A Cambridge-Isanti. The team that Bigfork drew as the first game in the past THREE holiday tournaments. Last year the girls lost in a very close game by 4 points. This year they had enough and took it to the Bluejackets and claimed the Championship! 63-60.

Congratulations!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad small towns love the girls basketball teams too.

My cousin participates also helping coach in Wisconsin.

Hope your town wins the championship..:)

Elizabeth in Minneapolis