Search This Blog

Sunday, December 14, 2008

School Cancelled for Monday 12/15/08

School has been cancelled because of a huge winter storm that is producing ALOT of snow, very high wind gusts with wind chills 20-30 degrees below zero. It is supposed to snow until noon Monday so I am going to assume that the game against Orr will also be cancelled. I don't believe they can have a game when school has been cancelled anyway. Once the game has been rescheduled I will post the information!

Shelby and I are planning on baking some Christmas cookies and goodies tomorrow since we will be snowed in...that is probably the ONLY way I can keep her home! She loves to go, go, go!

We finally got the Christmas tree up this afternoon and of course our traditional cowboy hat as our tree topper. Our tree is decorated with a "western" theme every year and my closest friends always seem to find some pretty unusual western ornaments that I add to my tree every year. Interestingly enough, Shelby was born in Buffalo, Wyoming, so she was born a "westerner". Is that the right word? I was born and raised in South Texas, her dad and brother in Minnesota, her sister in Kentucky and she was born in Wyoming...quite a diversity it seems! I'm still the only "true" western gal as I was born AND raised in Texas! I've never figured out why I don't have the southern accent though! My high school mascot was the Longhorn and our colors were burnt orange and white, just like the Texas Longhorns in Austin, Texas, so I'm a little partial to the University of Texas....watched the Lady Longhorns beat Tennessee this afternoon too....hmmm, I think I'm a little homesick!

No comments: